The JCF Grants have been established by a local community member on behalf of a foundation that wishes to remain anonymous. There are 5 grants valued at $4000 dollars each. The following is the criteria to be considered when applying for this opportunity:
- Applicant must be a graduating student from Cobequid Educational Centre
- Applicant can choose to attend any University or Community College (or equivalent).
- Family situation and financial need are important factors to be considered (i.e. a student with less than ideal opportunities, or a student’s perseverance through struggling circumstance).
- Applicant must have achieved at least a 70% average in their Grade 12 year.
- Applicant must show a desire and ambition to achieve success in the future (Determined Work Ethic).
- Applicant is encouraged to include a positive recommendation letter from a CEC staff member or from a member of the community
Please follow all directions carefully, print and complete the JCF Grant Application Form here:
Applications are due in Student Services at CEC by April 30th, 2018 at 3pm. The JCF Grant Applications will be submitted to the community member who represents the JCF Grants for review and final decision.